Contri Dinner

The best way to have a tuna sandwich!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Upper Crust

I had a dream. A very happy one. I dreamt that I wore a belt and I could use one of the real holes, not one of the fake ones I got the local mochi to poke into them.

I dreamt that I had to shop for a whole new wardrobe because I couldnt fit into my old clothes. And I was happy.

But this was the mere culmination of the dream. What went before was even more blissful. It was the Reason, the Cause, the Root.

I dreamt that for a whole year, I ate dinner at Upper Crust *everyday*. And that ladies and gentlemen, is a summary of this foodie place - I could go there everyday.

They serve sizzlers, stake and baked stuff. And it is good. For veggies, someone recommended the potpourri. I have no idea how it tastes for I was too busy stuffing myself with chicken and cheese.

Oh! The Cheese! Mountains of it!

Anhow, I think you get the idea. Definitely among the top 2 restaurants I've come across in Ahmedabad.

Cribs
1. Damn waiters wore some shiny green apron. Seriously.
2. Need to wait to get a table.

Pluses
1. They gave me cake! For Free! It was a spongy chocolatey cake! :-D

Numbers
Price: 3 Average (~ 300 per head)
Value for money: 3
Taste: 4 (Starters 2, Main course 4, Desserts 3, Free Cake 5)
Waiters & Staff: 2 (Shiny green? Seriously?)
Drinks: 0 (They have mocktails :-/)

How to get there
Take a rick, ask for Binay Chaar Rasta, Upper Crust is quite close to Chocolate Room.

Overall
2 thumbs up :-) I will go there again.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger lakesidey said…

    Stake? Surely you just jest?

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Giddu said…

    Ah.. Upper Crust. The upper crust on their ovenscape baked-thingies is sheer bliss.

    And how the hell did you manage to get free cake!??!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home